Wednesday, September 23, 2015

If I am a superhero by Ainaa Shafirah Mustakim ( PTM150709858 )

       
       If I am a superhero, my power would be the ability to control time. With my power, I would be able to stop, reverse, slow down and speed up time whenever I pleased. People often ask, “ if you could go back in time and change one thing, what would t be?” with my power , I would actually beable to do such a thing. Having control of time would give me control of any situation, whether it involves me or not. One of the first way I would utilize my superpower would be to make my life easier. If I did not feel like waking up, I could just stop time and sleep in for a while. If I trip and start to fail, all I would to do is slow down time and recover. Another way I would use for superpower would be to help me think through tough stuation. Often, I am forced to make a split second decision that could negatively impact myself or others. Having the power to stop time would give me the ability to ponder the possible outcomes of my decision and allow me to chose the best option. Being able to control time would truly be an ultimate power to have.

       While I would personally enjoy the benefits of my superpower, I would also use it to help others. Many uncomfortable and even deadly situation could be avoided with my ability to control time. For example, a car runs a red light and there is another car about to crash right into it. With my ability to slow down, stop and reverse time, I would be able to effortlessly forestall the accident from happening and prevent serious injuries. Although having the ability to control time would be a nice superpower to have, it would come with its share of drawbacks. Because I would be the only person to have access to this power, everyone would want me to help them, the demand would be overwhelming, to say the least. I would no longer have a normal life. Instead, my life would consist of constant requests for me to demonstrate my abilities. In order, for me to have a superpower, I would need to sacrifice having a normal life, which to me, would be worth it. Therefore, having the ability to control time would be an amazing superpower to have. There would be many different opportunities to help myself an others. But, there would also be added responsibilities that I would have to deal with. For that reason, having a superpower is not a always as great as it seems, but despite the drawbacks, it would be well worth it.

       Lately I have been pondering the subject of superheroes. Everyone has their favourite and mine is Superman, and I think everyone at some time has fantasized about being one. I know I have. Of course, unlike Superman, who uses cunning, strength, battle expertise and a bizarre psychological makeup to his advantage, I am thinking that having superpowers might be one of the prerequisites of the job. Unfortunately, most of the powes that are interest to me, especially the ability to bend space and time and invisibility, have been taken. What is a fledging superhero to do? I flirted with shape shifting or the ability to manipulate the weather, I thought about being able to communicate with animals, but other than being vey Dr. Doolitle-ish, how would that come in handy when trying to save the world? It would not. No, it would have to something formidable. So after uch thought, and because I really do have that much time on my hands, I have decided that I want to be able to transform myself into any element, which I think would really come in handy as a superhero. It could also cause problems, which is OK, because most superheroes are flawed in some way and their powers can often be a curse to them. Being able to change into any element would not only be a cool power to show off, but it would be extremely practical too. If someone is shooting at me, I can turn myself to iron and not only repel the bullets but bounce them back. If I am being chased I can quite conveniently turn to steam and drift away. Ditto if I want to sneak into a room. I did just turn to smoke and go through the keyhole. And if I need to escape a sticky situation I can stand above a sewer grate and turn to water, reconstituting when I hit the pool below. There are no limits to how useful a tool this could be. Being able to transform myself like this makes me near invisible.

      Which could be a problem. It may be too perfect. My powers would have to have a flaw. For instance, maybe I can only retain my transformation for a certain amount of time, say five minutes. Perhaps my character frequently finds that messy circumstances only get messier because he cannot retain his powers, making a quick and efficient escape of the essence.Of course, my character would have to have a back story. I would have to explain how I discover my powers. You just do not wake up one day made of scandium. Perhaps I am a physicist. Maybe it is night and I am working in the lab alone. Maybe There is an accident and an explosion releases a white-hot fireball that is heading right towards me. Unable to move in time I instinctively turn to iron, saving me from the flames rushing harmlessly by.In the aftermath I lie on the floor, gazing in amazement and disbelief at my metallc body. Well, rhat was interesting, I think to myself before I quickly reconstitute back to my human form, which is, of course, naked, since my clothes have been burned off. But I am shook at what just happened, not comprehending whether it actually really happened, yet determined to get to the bottom of it all.


     Later, when realizing that I actually had turned to metal, I decide to test my newfound powers, perhaps by thinking of helium. Curiously, my body does not inflate like a balloon, but begins to levitate, gently lifting me exhilaratingly skyward until I am level with the ceiling. Then the powers suddenly vanish and I crash to the floor below.


No comments:

Post a Comment