Tuesday, August 18, 2015

RAMADAN, SYAWAL & ME ;) FRIENDLY FARAH - NUR FARAHDINAH BINTI MAZ FAZEL

ASSALAMUALAIKUM~ First of all i would like to start my essay with a million gratitude to ALLAH S.W.T  for giving me pleasure to write this timid essay for my assignment for subject proficiency English under the direction of my sporting and fun lecturer who is Madam Nurul Atika:)

RAMADHAN, SYAWAL & ME? A lot of thing can be describe and be told by that implicit title. To me ramadan and syawal is a big deal for muslims. Because it was an important pilgrimage toward our creator, ALLAH S.W.T . Without our creator there’s NO WE in this earth and NO guide lines for us TO BEHAVE. Otherwise we will collapse, SO! REMEMBER ALLAH S.W.T EVERYDAY IN OUR LIFE.

So, i will be start my story with my ramadan adventure for 2015~
Ramadan? Ramadan is a distinguished period in the Muslim calendar whose main 
objective to reform and purify bodies, minds and hearts through spiritual exercises
 such as praying, fasting and engaging in charitable acts towards the less fortune.

The hardest part fasting when i was a kid is get up in the middle of dawn to having sahur. I always get scold by mom. That way before when i was 8 years old. Now 
getting older its already be a mind set to get up at imsak, when holy month  came by. This year 2015, i began my first ramadhan by wake up at 4:00 am to 
help my mom prepare our sahur dish

After finish our sahur, my family and i gather at the living room to perform solat 
subuh, that was a benefit of ramadan. That was the beginning of my ramadhan. 
This year i celebrate ramadan with a sad feelings because at second week of ramadan i  had to further my study at Kolej Poly-Tech Mara. Away from family and at the same time had to perform ramadan alone for  this year. While i still had time to perform ramadan with my family, i grab those opportunities by helping my mom with all house chore and the most fun thing is help my mom baked a kueh raya when Eid- fitr come. 

Furthermore, fun thing is my other sibling will come and join, that make the 
scenery so joyful and lot of memorable thing be create by doing kueh raya. 
We baked all kind of kueh raya such tart, semperit, kueh kacang, almond london and chocolate cookies. Tart is a must kueh raya every year, and it also my family favourite kueh raya especially my dad.

More over the best part of ramadhan is Iftar. Iftar is a time for our fasting end by maghrib. When azan maghrib sounded we end our fasting for that day until the 
next 30 days. Iftar rebond our family bonding because only ramadan all of our 
family get to eat together not like rarely we eat together during normal day.

End of my ramadan story, i start my syawal story. This year is a very simple celebrating eid- fitr, because i had to further my study, my sister are having PT3 (ujian pentaksiran tingkatan 3) so we had to focus on our study. My parents preparations for our house and our baju raya just simple but still look fresh because what ever 
it take we have to feel the happiness of eid-fitr. 

First day of raya, my family and i decide to go back at my dad side hometown which is Bukit Rambai, Melaka after finish sulking with my mom and also because my sibings and i silently vote our dad. What a lovely relationship. We arrived at Melaka one day before Eid-fitr. While on the road way back to hometown our mood for raya is on and all radio was playing raya song make us feel more excited to celebrate raya but at the same we feel sad for ramadan is leaving soon.

As we came in the afternoon, all of our relative already came. As i step inside the house, everyone busy make a dish for special day tommorow. My sister and i helped what needed. My dad side famous for ayam cuka dish. Its a must dish for every 
raya since i was a kid. Ayam cuka is a herited recipe from my great grandmother since that it be a must dish in our family when Eid- fitr coming.

However, ramadan is passing and be gone until next year. Morning appear, my family and i busy prepare our needed for raya. I was busy iron baju raya all of my family. My mom busy prepare my dad and my brother baju melayu clothes for them to perform solat Hari Raya.

 When all of the men get back from mosque after perform solat raya, all of Puteh and Fatimah’s family gather at the living room to recite the Yaseen for our late 
grandparents and anyone that already gone. End with sadness, we start our tradition every Eid is sake forgiveness with all of us, that was the touches moment. 
My siblings sake forgiveness to our parents and promise them for better education 
and welllness of their health only that we hope from Allah s.w.t.

In the nutshell, my story about ramadan, syawal and me is totally exciting, because at the same time i start to continue my study with a new environment so this 
year is anepic for my family and i. Last but not least, i wish all of us a good health and education. Till we meet again, THANK YOU;)

No comments:

Post a Comment